On Sunday 30 January 2005 16:58, Robert Schuster wrote: > Hello Audrius, > AFAIK a solution that allows JUnit tests being run as part of mauve is > frequently discussed here but there was no result yet. > > Former discussions could IMHO not solve this problem: > JUnit uses reflection and therefore depends on a stable support for this > mechanism. Mauve as a framework for testing the basic functionality of a > VM could therefore not depend on a working reflection API. > > Despite from that I like the idea of faking a JUnit environment to run > such tests. However that environment should be created with only minimal > dependency on the VM. > > My suggestion is that for each testcase TC you have to: > * scan the class file of TC with something like javap > * generate Java source code that calls the public methods of TC, > call that an adapter class AC > * compile the AC > * run the mauve test via the AC I had the same idea; let AC implement the right mauve-structures (the Testlet interface) and you will have a runnable test environment. If javap is too big a dependency; then it is also possible to generate the AC class using reflection. This means you have to write a class that gets a list of fully-qualified class-names and then uses reflection much like JUnit does. Only instead of running the tests you write out a Testlet for that class. This would fit nicely with a project I am (still) working on. I intend to create one jar file with all the mauve tests and anyone can then use that jar to execute each test on their own JVM. This fits because I doubt we want the generated wrapper classes in CVS and I will surely compile/jar using the Sun JVM. The biggest problem I see with this is that the mauve toolkit will only compile/run with JUnit in the classpath. Perhaps some stubs can also be supplied to counter this problem. As Robert said; many have stated that this is a good idea, but nobody really supplied any code to actually do it :) Looking forward to any proof-of-concepts from you!! -- Thomas Zander