Hi again, I take it that nobody minds if I start doing this. The attached script can be used to create the annotated list of throwpoints so you can look up IDs I add in comments or whatever. The script performs some MD5 checks so you can be sure you're looking at the same page I am. Cheers, Gary Gary Benson wrote: > Hi all, > > I've been trying to work out how to test that permissions are > checked at every point they ought to be. There's a table of > every such point here: > > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/permissions.html#PermsAndMethods > > Some of these already have tests, but most probably do not. Before > I start creating tests I'm thinking that we need some way to > correlate mauve tests with the throwpoints on this (and future) > lists. > > How would people feel if I numbered the throwpoints on the above > list and noted them in their corresponding tests in some easily > parsable form (probably in comments like Tags are already). That > way whether a throwpoint is tested (and the location of the test) > can be found with a simple grep. > > For simplicity I'd probably number the 1.4.2 list from 1-whatever. > Checks added in 1.5 can be added at the end of the list. > > It would be convenient if we made a version of the above list > annotated with the throwpoint numbers, but obviously such a thing > could not be distributed. It should be possible to write a script > that would download and annotate the list for local use. > > Does this sound reasonable? > > Cheers, > Gary