public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
From: Tim Wilkinson <tim@transvirtual.com>
To: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@pg.gda.pl>
Cc: mauve <mauve-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: Library/VM tests
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 19:03:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I guess I wasn't thinking of testing the basic operations of the VM -
but
when it comes down to it they should be tested too don't you think -
after
all they have to work correctly too right?

Perhaps the testsuite should be split into various sub-trees contains
test
designed to go after particular bits of the Java implementation - you
could
put array[-1] in the tests designed to check the VM in one area and
leave the
API tests in another.

For such things as serialization I'm not sure what the best structure
would
be - arguably you can serialize any class (even ones which don't
implement
Serializable have a behaviour that can be checked) - perhaps you just
put a
serializable check in each class test directory, or maybe you lump the
serialization together (I'd go for the first option).

Tim

--
  Tim Wilkinson                         Tel:     +1 510 704 1660
  Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.,      Fax:     +1 510 704 1893

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Tim Wilkinson <tim@transvirtual.com>
To: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@pg.gda.pl>
Cc: mauve <mauve-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]