public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
From: David Gilbert <david.gilbert@object-refinery.com>
To: Martin Olsson <mnemo@minimum.se>
Cc: mauve-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Mauve coding on Windows
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:47:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Martin Olsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to write some test cases for the GNU classpath project. I
> fetched Mauve from CVS (using eclipse "create project from cvs") but I
> ran into a whole bunch of errors:
>
> http://mnemo.minimum.se/error.txt
>
> I think these errors are related to me running Windows 2000 and
> windows does not allow a file called "Color" and a dir called "color".

I ran into the same problem a while back when I was stuck with a Windows
machine for a week.  Perhaps we could resolve it by renaming the Color
directory (containing tests for the Color class) to 'ColorClass' or
'Color_'?  And the same for any other name clashes (e.g. Font and font).

> Someone on IRC said that there is atleast one other guy that uses
> Windows for Mauve development (Jeroen?). If anyone can provide
> information how I can setup a proper Mauve-compatible dev environment
> on Windows please drop me a line.
>
> ---
>
> I also have another question, how do I know what test cases are
> missing and needs to be implemented?

For the majority of the tests, the test class name matches the name of
the method it is testing.  So scanning the source tree is one way to see
which methods have (at least some) tests.

There is also a utility in CVS for generating some HTML pages for the
results of a Mauve run:

gnu.testlet.runner.Mauve

These pages are organised by package/class, so that is another way to
see the existing coverage.

Regards,

Dave Gilbert