public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* "I'm Sun. Can I use the Mauve Project's testsuite?"
@ 2008-06-17 22:37 David Herron
From: David Herron @ 2008-06-17 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

Hi, I'm getting ready to request permission to officially use Mauve
in-house on OpenJDK testing.

Reviewing the license headers I found an instance of the Common Public
License in a properties file.

mauve//gnu/testlet/java/util/zip/InflaterInputStream/messages.properties

I don't know yet if this will be a problem.  The policy says I have to
tell the lawyers about this other license ....soooooo...  Hm, I also
found a file under the Apache license and that the CORBA tests were
imported from elsewhere and are under either LGPL or GPL.

Then there is:
mauve//gnu/testlet/java/util/regex/Pattern/pcrematches.java:  /** Regex
test suites from adapted from PCRE (http://www.pcre.org/license.txt). */

But that's just the BSD license.

I really just wanted to send you an email with that question from your
FAQ because it's such a cool question for me to ask.

- David Herron

* Re: "I'm Sun. Can I use the Mauve Project's testsuite?"
@ 2008-06-17 23:14 ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2008-06-17 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Herron; +Cc: mauve-discuss

David Herron wrote:
> Hi, I'm getting ready to request permission to officially use Mauve
> in-house on OpenJDK testing.
Excellent!

> Reviewing the license headers I found an instance of the Common Public
> License in a properties file.
>
> mauve//gnu/testlet/java/util/zip/InflaterInputStream/messages.properties
>
> I don't know yet if this will be a problem.  The policy says I have to
> tell the lawyers about this other license ....soooooo...  Hm, I also
> found a file under the Apache license and that the CORBA tests were
> imported from elsewhere and are under either LGPL or GPL.
>
> Then there is:
> mauve//gnu/testlet/java/util/regex/Pattern/pcrematches.java:  /**
> Regex test suites from adapted from PCRE
> (http://www.pcre.org/license.txt). */
>
> But that's just the BSD license.
We've been flexible with the licensing because, among other things,
we're not distributing  binaries.
> I really just wanted to send you an email with that question from your
> FAQ because it's such a cool question for me to ask.

Indeed!  I've been waiting years to hear it!

 (I really need to update that page..)

Anthony Green

@ 2008-06-18 23:03 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2008-06-18 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Herron; +Cc: mauve-discuss

David> Reviewing the license headers I found an instance of the Common Public
David> License in a properties file.

David> mauve//gnu/testlet/java/util/zip/InflaterInputStream/messages.properties

David> I don't know yet if this will be a problem.  The policy says I have to
David> tell the lawyers about this other license ....soooooo...  Hm, I also
David> found a file under the Apache license and that the CORBA tests were
David> imported from elsewhere and are under either LGPL or GPL.

Yeah, I guess it is a mish-mash.  Personally I wouldn't be averse to
just deleting selected tests if it makes life simpler.

Supposedly I added that zip test.  I don't remember doing it :)

For the CORBA tests, email Audrius.  He should be able to tell you
exactly where they came from; or it may be in the Mauve list archives.

David> I really just wanted to send you an email with that question from your
David> FAQ because it's such a cool question for me to ask.

:)

The Mauve web site is hilariously un-updated.  It still mentions
getting CVS from Cyclic.

Tom