public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
From: David Herron <David.Herron@Sun.COM>
To: mauve-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Am I doing something wrong?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 00:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Just to try out Mauve I'm running it on my OS X machine with Apple's Java.

./configure --with-vm=/Library/Java/Home/bin/java
make
java Harness -verbose -showpasses -compile -vm java gnu.testlet

I figure since y'all haven't changed Harness.java in 2 yrs (to any
significant change) that it must be working fine and that there's some
kind of driver error on my part.

I get a bunch of messages saying FAIL: One of the dependencies failed to
compile

Then it throws this:-
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String index out of range: -48
    at
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.setLength(AbstractStringBuilder.java:146)
    at java.lang.StringBuffer.setLength(StringBuffer.java:154)
    at Harness.processFolder(Harness.java:1123)
    at Harness.processFolder(Harness.java:1153)
    at Harness.processFolder(Harness.java:1153)
    at Harness.processTest(Harness.java:899)
    at Harness.runAllTests(Harness.java:706)
    at Harness.main(Harness.java:184)

--->    sb.setLength(sb.length() - fullPath.length() - 1);

So that calculation is going negative, and inserting println's I see
sb.length() is 0 ...

I changed that to something like this

   sb.setLength(
            (sb.length() - fullPath.length() - 1) > 0
          ? sb.length() - fullPath.length() - 1
          : 0
    );

And then this failed (line 1208)
      nextTest = nextTest.substring(0, nextTest.length() - 5);