public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* Character Test
@ 1999-01-07 20:18 Aaron M. Renn
       [not found] ` < 36957A24.B7BB761F@urbanophile.com >
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Aaron M. Renn @ 1999-01-07 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss; +Cc: abies

I convertered Artur's Character test to the Mauve framework (a simple task)
and checked into the gnu/testlet/java/lang/Character directory as
unicode.java.  A word of warning: This test is very thorough and takes a
very long time to run.  It is possible we might not want to run it at all by
default.  Running debug it printed over 150MB of output before I killed the
job to avoid filling up my filesystem.

For the record, it runs 3,578,944 tests spanning the entire Unicode
database.  The JDK failed 746 of them.  (I might kick off the
Japhar/Classpath combo before bed and hope it finishes by the time I get
home from work tomorrow :-)  I'm using the Unicode 2.1.2 database file,
which I also checked into the archive.

--
Aaron M. Renn (arenn@urbanophile.com) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/

* Re: Character Test
@ 1999-01-08 10:47 Aaron M. Renn
From: Aaron M. Renn @ 1999-01-08 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: mauve-discuss, abies

>Aaron> I'm using the Unicode 2.1.2 database file, which I also checked
>Aaron> into the archive.
>
>Is there a particular reason you didn't use the 2.1.5 version of the
>database?  That is the latest version (as of sometime last month; I
>haven't looked in a few weeks).

I used it because that was the one I had on my hard drive. :-)  (Paul Fisher
based the GNU Classpath verion of Character on it).  Feel free to upgrade to
the newest version.

>Some care is required here.  JDK conformance actually depends on using
>the correct version of the table.  For JDK 1.0, I believe a very old
>Unicode data table was used.

Then we will have to find a way to handle that.

--
Aaron M. Renn (arenn@urbanophile.com) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/