public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* StringBufferInputStream Tests
@ 1998-12-15 19:52 Aaron M. Renn
From: Aaron M. Renn @ 1998-12-15 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

I converted my StringBufferInputStream tests and popped them into CVS.
Please look at them an comment. Note that I am assuming that check(x,x)
takes an extra String descriptive message as described earlier.  Also note
that the tests haven't been run or compiled yet (!).  My javac is core
dumping for some reason.  It appears that we also try to compile all classes
in one big command line.  Is this wise? I'm wondering if this has something
to do with my problem.  I'll experiment more but wanted to get some sample
code in so people could take a look at it.

--
Aaron M. Renn (arenn@urbanophile.com) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/

* Re: StringBufferInputStream Tests
@ 1998-12-16 13:24 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 1998-12-16 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron M. Renn; +Cc: mauve-discuss

Aaron> I converted my StringBufferInputStream tests and popped them
Aaron> into CVS.  Please look at them an comment.

The `test' method should not be `static'.  Also, you need a no-arg
constructor (if the testlet doesn't have any other constructor, the
implicit one is fine).

I've fixed these problems.

I've been writing ChangeLog entries for the changes I make.  I'd
prefer if everybody did this.

Aaron> Note that I am assuming that check(x,x) takes an extra String
Aaron> descriptive message as described earlier.

I've added methods along these lines.  They are just convenience
wrappers for the existing check methods.

Aaron> It appears that we also try to compile all classes in one big
Aaron> command line.  Is this wise? I'm wondering if this has
Aaron> something to do with my problem.

I don't know if it is wise or not.  On some systems, e.g. those with
command-line length limits, it is probably wrong thing to do.  Feel
free to fix this somehow, if you like.  I'm not particularly motivated
to do it myself right now...

Tom