public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* RFC: PKITS tests
@ 2006-07-23 21:02 Casey Marshall
From: Casey Marshall @ 2006-07-23 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

I wrote a partial implementation of the PKITS test suite, which was
developed by NIST to test X.509 certificate parsing and path
checking, some time ago to test the X.509 classes I had written. I
had put this into GNU Crypto CVS to keep track of, and so it was
already written to use the Mauve test harness. These are great tests
to run against any Java implementation, because Java usually has an X.
509 implementation standard, and running them against Classpath CVS
revealed a regression in our security providers. Any objections to
putting these test files into Mauve?

The test suite comprises 100 test classes and a bunch more example
certificates and CRLs in the binary DER format. I wrote the test
classes, but the example certs were developed by NIST and DigitalNet
for the test suite.

The main page for the test suite is here:

   <http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/testing/x509paths.html>

There was a statement about how the test files can be redistributed
(aside from those developed by NIST, which are public domain under US
law) was posted to their mailing list:

   <http://cio.nist.gov/esd/emaildir/lists/pkits/msg00048.html>

If no-one objects, I'll commit these tests to Mauve.