public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* RE: Adding fenv.h for ARM and SPARC
@ 2017-08-14 10:26 Wilco Dijkstra
From: Wilco Dijkstra @ 2017-08-14 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aadit0402; +Cc: newlib, nd

Aditya wrote:
> I do not have any idea about introducing softfloat in newlib and how
> this should be implemented in newlib. NetBSD uses softfloat and
> implemented fenv support for spu arch in different way as compare to
> implementation of fenv methods in newlib for spu arch.
>
> Would anyone please suggest me where and how to add fenv support for newlib.

When you use software floating point there is no need for fenv. The rounding
mode is fixed and there are no exceptions. You could do an empty (no-effect)
implementation but it wouldn't work with software that changes rounding mode
or tests/sets exception flags.

Wilco

* Adding fenv.h for ARM and SPARC
@ 2017-08-14  6:06 Aditya Upadhyay
From: Aditya Upadhyay @ 2017-08-14  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib

Hello All,

I do not have any idea about introducing softfloat in newlib and how
this should be implemented in newlib. NetBSD uses softfloat and
implemented fenv support for spu arch in different way as compare to
implementation of fenv methods in newlib for spu arch.

Would anyone please suggest me where and how to add fenv support for newlib.

Thanks & Regards,
Aditya