On Mar 15 18:48, Jeffrey Walton wrote: > > But this in __call_atexit.c is definitely correct. It is > > treating free() as a weak symbol and the only way to > > silence Coverity is to add an annotation. > > > > 136 /* Don't dynamically free the atexit array if free is not > > 137 available. */ > > > > CID 175323 (#1 of 1): Function address comparison (BAD_COMPARE) > > func_conv: This implicit conversion to a function pointer is suspicious: > > free. > > Did you intend to call free? > > 138 if (!free) > > 139 break; > > Well, I have not encountered that one (yet). Since Coverity is > complaining about an implicit conversion, maybe the following will > help to avoid the implicit part (and sidestep the finding): > > if (free != NULL) > break; > > Or perhaps: > > if ((void*)free != NULL) > break; > > If that works to clear the finding, then it is one of those items I > write-off as "working and playing well with the tools". Unfortunately you have to tell covreity that "free" is a var, not a function, but since that's not generally true... marking as false positive. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer Red Hat