On Jun 30 07:43, Sebastian Huber wrote: > On 29/06/17 20:31, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > And, JFYI, Cygwin will start to use it too after the next release:) > > There are some new problems with this change. We have no reference counting > in the FILE objects, so a freopen(..., stdin), closes the global stdin FILE > object (__sf[0]), etc. What works is a stdin = fopen(). I guess this could > break existing applications. Erm... isn't that expected behaviour? stdin/stdout/stderr are global objects, after all. They were never thread-local per POSIX. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer Red Hat