On Jul 21 11:42, Gedare Bloom wrote: > On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > Joel, please take an interest in Aditya's work in the first place. > > *You* were the one who gave these tasks to Aditya, so *you* should be > > the one guiding him and reviewing these patches, not me. > > For any followup patches, I will not look into them unless you gave > > your OK first. > > > > Thank you for the helpful feedback, which is important to help new > developers to understand how to work with an open source project. It > usually takes Joel or myself a few days to a week to review patches. I > understand completely if you would like to ignore the patches from our > Google Summer of Code student since he is still learning and will > inevitably make some mistakes. He started out with private emails, but > I encouraged him to post to this mailing list in order to increase his > visibility and learn how to better communicate with the community > here. Meanwhile, he has sent me a new set of patches in private that > look good. I hope he will feel comfortable to send them to the mailing > list soon. To clarify: Patches should be sent to this list and then somebody of you guys should review them *on this list*. Once done and you're OK with the patch, I'll recheck the patches and either one of us will push them eventually. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer Red Hat