Sorry for the late reply, I forgot this patch. On Aug 17 07:53, Thomas Wolff wrote: > [...] > I'm attaching my patches here for assessment. > I have revised table handling further, using gcc bit struct packing. The two > big tables have a total size of 14340 bytes now, for Unicode 10.0. > I have fixed locale handling in the isw* and tow* functions, but I've not > yet changed JP conversion. Unfortunately, the routines from newlib/iconvdata > are not as straight-forward to be employed as I thought, because the work on > multi-byte representations. > Also the mapping of ctype charsets (JIS, SJIS, EUC-JP) to the subsets > handled in iconvdata (JIS-201/208/212) is a little bit obscure. > Likewise obscure is the relation between newlib/iconvdata and > newlib/libc/iconv. This is really old stuff. I wonder if anybody is still using it with Unicode around for a long time... > To be on the safe side, I’m leaving the actual jp2uc conversion untouched > for now, and I’ve just added a dummy back-conversion uc2jp with a #warning. > If the #warning is ignored or removed, the non-Cygwin build should work as > before, fixing just locale handling. > > I'm attaching the wcwidth part here, all patches are available at > http://towo.net/cygwin/Unicode_and_locale_tweaks.zip (don't fit in the > mailbox size limit). So why don't you use git send-email (ideally with a cover letter, see `git format-patch --cover-letter') instead of attaching the patches to a single email? This is the correct way of sending patch series and it gets you around the size limit. The below patches are missing a patch, last one is patch 3/4. Patches 2 and 3 are ok, afaics, but as for patch 1, why did you create an extra Makefile? This should be merged into string/Makefile.am. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer Red Hat