On Aug 28 10:45, Joel Sherrill wrote: > On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 10:27 AM Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > > On Aug 28 10:06, joel@rtems.org wrote: > > > From: Joel Sherrill > > > > > > There are three patches in this set and hopefully two will be uncontroversial. > > > > > > (1) The common include/fenv.h was copied from riscv, so delete the > > > copy in the libc/machine/riscv directory. > > > > > > (2) Add glibc extension FE_NOMASK_ENV to template sys/fenv.h. > > > Code was copied from Cygwin fenv.h. > > > > > > (3) Add x86_64 and i386 fenv support by copying from Cygwin. No > > > functional changes were made. This needs some help. > > > > > > (a) x86_64 isn't picking up fenv.c. Not sure what isn't bootstrapping right. > > > Help needed to get it integrated into libm build. > > > > Not sure yet, still looking into the code. > > Jeff's regenerate script wasn't even generating a x86_64 Makefile.am. I managed > to force it by hand but it's not being picked up. > > Ahhh.. configure.host needs to have this: > > x86_64) > machine_dir=x86_64 > libm_machine_dir=x86_64 > > But there must be more to it. Now the build looks for the file but it > isn't in the build tree. > > There must be another piece of magic I am still missing. > > > > (b) I added a copyright to fenv.c since it just said "part of Cygwin". > > > I hope it is right. > > > > No, that's not how it should be licensed since that implies GPL3+. > > We're moving the file into newlib so we should loosen the copyright > > so that the code is usable for non-GPLed code. And as the sole > > copyright holder, Red Hat can move the file to another copyright. > > > > So what you can do here is to remove the entire Cygwin header from > > the file and just keep a BSD-3-Clause SPDX header. > > I must not have been clear. I replaced the Cygwin comment with a > copy of a Red Hat BSD-2-Clause I found in another file. It was a move > in the right direction but I wasn't sure. > > Just tell me what you want. You didn't touch the header. It has still the Cygwin copyright notice. BSD-3-Clause or BSD-2-Clause for both files is fine, just pick one. SPDX header is simpler and, presumably, the future. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer Red Hat