On Feb 4 22:48, Keith Packard wrote: > I'm attempting to upload a version of newlib to Debian and have > discovered many files are missing copyright information. This makes it > difficult to create an accurate record of information for the package. > > I built a tool to dig through GIT history to automatically associate > copyright and license information to new files where possible, and to > assign just copyright information from git author information where > there was no licensing data in history. > > In a few cases, I went back to pre-git historical versions of the > repository to figure out the licensing and copyright status. > > With these patches applied, I now have complete copyright information > for all of the source code built into the library, I'm missing copyrights for > some documentation and a couple of build scripts. I'm not sure we really want to go that way. There was a reason for creating COPYING.NEWLIB instead, and I have a hard time to make sure the copyrights you're assigning are really correct. I pushed [atches 1 and 2 since they are ok, but other than that... Jeff? Any input? Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer Red Hat