public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com>
To: newlib@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Feature Conditional for M_PI
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 22:04:56 +0200	[thread overview]

On Aug 31 10:50, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 10:30 AM Corinna Vinschen via Newlib <
> newlib@sourceware.org> wrote:

> > M_PI in
> > part of

> > not

> > this

Actually, Yaakov pointed out on IRC that this is a C++ problem on Linux.
You're running the above test with g++.  If you perform the third test
with gcc on Linux:

  gcc -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200809L -c m.c

you'll get the same error as on newlib and FreeBSD:

m.c: In function ‘main’:
m.c:8:15: error: ‘M_PI’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    8 |   double pi = M_PI;
          |               ^~~~
	  m.c:8:15: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

The problem in glibc and/or g++ is that this does *not* occur when
building with g++.

Corinna