Unicode update patch attached. Responses to previous comments: > wouldn't it make sense to remove the temporary downloaded files like > libc/ctype/UnicodeData.txt, etc? > Either automatically after creating the generated files Maybe. I didn't implement it, like in my other projects (mintty, mined), as it causes redundant multiple downloads during development. > or in a matching MAINTAINERCLEANFILES variable in Makefile.am? I had looked into it but there isn't such a variable yet and I'm not familiar with automake/conv stuff, so feel free to add if suitable. > Also, maybe it makes sense to add these temporary files to the .gitignore file? I'm not in favour of the .gitignore idea as its only purpose seems to be to smooth out effects of `git add *`-like check-ins, which I think shouldn't be done anyway; I feel the concept encourages sloppy repository management. But again, this isn't my project so feel free to adjust the build. Thomas