public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* Newlib provided syscalls on SH
@ 2022-08-08  7:56 imi415
From: imi415 @ 2022-08-08  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib

Hi all,

I'm trying to build newlib for SuperH(sh) architecture, and the syscalls
under the "newlib/libc/sys/sh" directory

are built no matter whether "--disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls" is
provided.The target is a bare-metal target

so I need to provide these syscalls myself, same as other bare-metal
targets do.

I have checked the Makefile.am under the directory and there seems to be
no special treatments for the "MAY_SUPPLY_SYSCALLS" option.

Do I have to patch newlib for this or is there another way overriding
these syscalls?

P.S. The build environment is generated by Crosstool-NG.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Yilin Sun

* Re: Newlib provided syscalls on SH
@ 2022-08-09 19:29 ` Jeff Johnston
From: Jeff Johnston @ 2022-08-09 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: imi415; +Cc: Newlib

Hi Yilin,

You will need to patch the libc/sys/sh/Makefile.inc to match what is done
in libc/sys/arm/Makefile.inc.  This is fairly simple.  When you are done,
then you can
use the --disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls to omit whatever you want in the
libc/sys/sh directory.   Feel free to submit the patch here when you have
it working to your satisfaction.

-- Jeff J.