Corinna Vinschen writes: > Just as I wrote above. Done. In reviewing this code further, I've done a bunch more restructuring to make the code 64-bit clean, removing the 'offset' mechanism and letting the compiler compute alignment requirements for us. The diff for that is pretty large though; would there be an interest in looking at it? I ask because preparing that patch for newlib would take several hours as it's currently only in picolibc. https://github.com/keith-packard/picolibc/commit/fd2d18bb5ab442f16789c243648d07b4ec8e2b29 This also uncovers problems when building with newer GCC versions which "helpfully optimize" common malloc/free operations that cause incorrect code to be generated in some configurations of the library. -- -keith