Szabolcs Nagy writes: > note1: i used c99 code when i wrote the > new math code and currently the old math > code can be compiled with older compilers, > this change might prevent that. Hrm. I just learned about "#pragma STDC FENV_ACCESS on" this morning and am wondering if we shouldn't just patch the old math library to use that instead of calling the __math_xflow functions. Would be a simpler patch and provide precise compatibility with the previous version. Here's an example of how that works: #include #include #pragma STDC FENV_ACCESS on int main(void) { double x; int e; feclearexcept(FE_ALL_EXCEPT); x = 0.0 / 0.0; e = fetestexcept(FE_ALL_EXCEPT); printf("x %g e %x\n", x, e); return 0; } $ cc except.c -lm $ ./a.out x -nan e 1 $ As you can see, even using constants still raise the appropriate exception. -- -keith