public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* Making newlib tests work again
@ 2019-12-16 21:52 "Keith Packard"
From: "Keith Packard" @ 2019-12-16 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib

I spent a bunch of time over the last couple of weeks getting the newlib
tests running again in my 'picolibc' fork. In the process, I found a few
bugs in the library which I've got patches for, but I'm wondering if
anyone here has any interest in having the test fixes merged in. I'm not
sure how useful they would be in the newlib tree as I'm not sure how to
run them here.

The 'big' change was to re-generate all of the math test cases using
glibc on x86-64. There's code in the libm tests to re-emit the C code
which I used for that. For the string conversion tests, I cobbled some
hacks together.

The newlib code I'm using now passes all of the tests on
x86-64-linux-gnu, i686-linux-gnu, arm-none-eabi and
riscv64-unknown-elf. For riscv64-unknown-elf, qemu is able to emulate
all possible processor configurations and I'm testing them all (30
different newlib builds). For arm-none-eabi, I'm only testing cortex-m3
for now (qemu-system-arm is not as flexible as qemu-system-riscv32/
qemu-system-riscv64).

I don't want to spam the list with a large set of huge patches unless
there's some interest in them; for now, I've got them sitting on github:

        https://github.com/keith-packard/picolibc/tree/fixes-newlib

--
-keith

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Making newlib tests work again
@ 2019-12-16 22:09 ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2019-12-16 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Packard; +Cc: newlib

Personally, I'd like to see the tests working. I would like to see them
running on RTEMS.

--joel

@ 2019-12-16 23:31   ` Keith Packard
From: Keith Packard @ 2019-12-16 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)