Joel Sherrill writes: > I think those files are all under a linux/ or rdos/ subdirectory and do not > impact any other target unless they use iconvdata/. I grep'ed and didn't > see anything else. Jeff or Corrina should speak up and provide a > definitive answer. Yeah, I've forked newlib into 'picolibc' and have removed all of the non-BSD licensed files to make the license status of that project clearly BSD only. All of the non-BSD files are used to build the library only for specific targets; the general library code is all BSD licensed. Something BSD-ish would preserve the license status of newlib built for embedded targets, and would also be usable by picolibc. -- -keith