Paul Zimmermann writes: > thank you Keith. For your information I have updated my comparison with > Newlib 3.3.0: > > https://members.loria.fr/PZimmermann/papers/accuracy.pdf > > The differences with the previous (unknown) version of Newlib I used are > that j1 is less accurate (largest error goes from 2.66e6 ulps to 1.68e7 ulps), > and y1 is more accurate (largest error goes from 4.65e8 ulps to 6.18e6 ulps). > (However, those huge errors simply tell us that j1f is completely off, in the > first case for x=0x6.cfd78p+100 j1f returns 0 instead of -0x1p-52.) > > I am still unable to compile a program using lgammaf: You might have more luck with lgammaf_r as that avoids use of _impure_ptr in newlib. Alternatively, you can use the picolibc fork of newlib which uses native thread local storage instead of a giant struct full of library global data. That has built-in support for compiling on x86_64 for testing. -- -keith