On Fri, Dec 2, 2022, 11:10 AM Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Dec 2 08:15, Joel Sherrill wrote: > > On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 4:07 AM Corinna Vinschen > wrote: > > > > > On Dec 1 18:22, Jeff Johnston wrote: > > > > As long as the licensing is shared-newlib-compatible (non-GPL), it > should > > > > be ok. > > > > > > > > -- Jeff J. > > > > > > Cygwin already comes with aio.h and mqueue.h headers. > > > > > > Ideally they are reused for newlib, or the new aio.h/mqueue.h headers > > > are checked that they provide the same definitions and replace the > > > Cygwin-only ones. > > > > > > > OK. So the same defines with the same values? Anything cygwin specific > > goes into an ifdef, etc. I vaguely recall doing this before for other > > header files. > > There shouldn't be much Cygwin-specifc in these files and they are quite > short. Please check the Cygwin files against the files from RTEMS. > Maybe it makes sense to use them instead and just add the (minor) > differences to Cygwin. If the types used have the same size and the > same signedness, there shouldn't be much of a problem anyway. > > However, I'd like to defer this by a few days or weeks. We're just > in the beta phase for Cygwin 3.4, and I would rather have stable > headers for now : > We are also trying to get ready for a release branch. I think I'll push our tickets to a new milestone. That seems to be better for both projects. With any luck, I can revisit the long double code around then also. > > > Thanks, > Corinna > >