On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 10:46 AM Joseph Myers wrote: > On Wed, 17 Apr 2024, Sandra Loosemore wrote: > > > Therefore I'd like to mark Nios II as obsolete in GCC 14 now, and remove > > support from all toolchain components after the release is made. I'm > not sure > > there is an established process for obsoleting/removing support in other > > components; besides binutils, GDB, and GLIBC, there's QEMU, > newlib/libgloss, > > and the Linux kernel. But, we need to get the ball rolling somewhere. > > CC:ing Arnd Bergmann regarding the obsolescence in the Linux kernel. > Just an FYI that the RTEMS Project plans to drop NIOS II support based on what happens with the tooling. --joel > > -- > Joseph S. Myers > josmyers@redhat.com > >