On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 4:07 AM Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Dec 1 18:22, Jeff Johnston wrote: > > As long as the licensing is shared-newlib-compatible (non-GPL), it should > > be ok. > > > > -- Jeff J. > > Cygwin already comes with aio.h and mqueue.h headers. > > Ideally they are reused for newlib, or the new aio.h/mqueue.h headers > are checked that they provide the same definitions and replace the > Cygwin-only ones. > OK. So the same defines with the same values? Anything cygwin specific goes into an ifdef, etc. I vaguely recall doing this before for other header files. RTEMS is always built from source so changing the values isn't a huge binary compatibility issue. But moving the header file from RTEMS to newlib will require everyone using the git master to build new tools. So there is a bit of coordination on our side. --joel > > > Thanks, > Corinna > > > > > > > > > On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 11:37 AM Joel Sherrill wrote: > > > > > Hi > > > > > > We have migrated almost all of our POSIX defined header files from > RTEMS > > > itself to newlib. I think aio.h and mqueue.h are the last POSIX > headers > > > left on our side. > > > > > > What's the feeling on merging these? Would it be ok to put them in > > > newlib/libc/include? > > > > > > Our version of the headers have Doxygen comments. Would these be OK in > > > newlib or do I need to remove the Doxygen? > > > > > > Thanks. > > > > > > --joel > > > > > > > >