Hi C11 added the option of Bounds Checking versions of some common C Library functions. There are a couple of permissive licensed implementations out there. GIven that these are prototyped in normal header files, it would be best if these could be incorporated somehow into newlib. At a minimum, the prototypes for the new methods would need to be added with appropriate conditionals. On the high end of the project, I would like to see implementations of the functions in newlib. We are hoping a student will tackle this for Google Summer of Code. What are the newlib community's thoughts on this? Thanks. --joel