Anyone have thoughts on this? We have a student interested in this for GSoC. First steps are to make sure it works with RTEMS. But if merging into newlib is desired, then we need to know to plan for that. --joel On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 6:27 PM Joel Sherrill wrote: > Hi > > C11 added the option of Bounds Checking versions of some common C Library > functions. There are a couple of permissive licensed implementations out > there. GIven that these are prototyped in normal header files, it would be > best if these could be incorporated somehow into newlib. At a minimum, the > prototypes for the new methods would need to be added with appropriate > conditionals. On the high end of the project, I would like to see > implementations of the functions in newlib. > > We are hoping a student will tackle this for Google Summer of Code. > > What are the newlib community's thoughts on this? > > Thanks. > > --joel >