On Sat, Mar 25, 2023, 4:00 PM Falco Girgis wrote: > Hey guys, > > I'm a big user and fan of Newlib and have really enjoyed working with it. > In addition to it being used in a bunch of the builds I target in CI, I'm > one of the maintainers of the KallistiOS indie/homebrew SDK for the Sega > Dreamcast, which has an epic amount of modern language and stdlib support > for C and C++ thanks to you guys. > > Anyway, I just encountered something today that is missing that I can't > help but feel like should really be included within the lib: support for > the C11 timespec struct, timespec_get() function, and the TIME_UTC macro, > used to simply get the current UTC time in seconds + nanoseconds: > https://en.cppreference.com/w/c/chrono/TIME_UTC > > Given the amount of non-standard POSIX time functionality that is > supported, the modern C++ chrono stuff, the rest of the C stdlib, etc, it > feels like this should fall within the scope of the project. It looks like > everybody else is just doing a tiny little wrapper for it around > clock_gettime(), so it's simple to implement as well... I also see several > threads on stack overflow with people confused as to why it's not available > to them, so I'm not the only one interested. > > I've never submitted a patch for anything like this before and wanted to > run this by you guys to make sure it fall within NewLib's scope before I > was going to give it a shot. What do you guys think? > I will go the explanation that hi one had ever wanted it enough to implement it. :) Sure feel free to implement and submit it with the proper license. > > Anyway, thanks again, sorry for the verbosity. >