Any update here? I'm really interested in this, I would like to mainstream PS2 and PSP, and I'm also aware that the Dreamcast community is also preparing it for mainstreaming it. Cheers El mar, 20 jun 2023 a las 9:05, Francisco Javier Trujillo Mata (< fjtrujy@gmail.com>) escribió: > Hello Jeff, > > First of all thanks for replying and paying attention to my message. > > To install the proper PS2 Environment to be able to compile and generate > PS2 binaries, you require to follow the steps given here: > https://github.com/ps2dev/ps2dev > > The PS2 is a complex machine, (it has 3 main CPUs DVP, IOP, and EE, which > means 3 toolchains...) so the whole PS2 development environment is not an > easy thing, there are plenty of tools and repositories involved, and as > part of this set of tools, and we also have Newlib, as you can see in the > next link (which is using a fork with our specific changes). > https://github.com/ps2dev/ps2toolchain-ee/blob/main/scripts/003-newlib.sh > > However, if we just want to check if Newlib compiles for this PS2 port we > are creating, we just need to pay attention to the EE CPU, which is the > next repo: > https://github.com/ps2dev/ps2toolchain-ee > There under the "scripts" folder, you can see how Newlib is the 3rd step, > so if we want to check if Newlib is compiling, you just need to have proper > binutils and GCC installed previously (first and second steps). > > Additionally, to make easier the usage of the whole PS2 toolchain, we are > offering some precompiled toolchains: > https://github.com/ps2dev/ps2dev/releases/tag/latest > And also the possibility of using dockers: > > https://hub.docker.com/layers/ps2dev/ps2dev/latest/images/sha256-e6000652581b4d43d135f1862ecccabe4b11dd2afa3edb667b48736d815b59c1?context=explore > > For executing the generated binaries, you will require either a PS2 that > allows you to execute homebrews or a PS2 emulator. > > Regarding the changes I have made, all the files have been created from > scratch for me, anyway, I'm part of the PS2Dev community, so I will add the > PS2DEV license to these files. > > > Finally, regarding my original request, I was suffering issues when > compiling Newlib after adding the specific PS2 changes, I have found a > workaround to make it work, that probably will tell you more about the > actual issue. > When adding a new "sys" to the Newlib, in our case "newlib/libc/sys/ps2", > if you just add the crt0 file (it doesn't matter if it is .S, .s or .c), > which means that you "Makefile.inc" is going to be empty, you will suffer > the compilations issues that I previously mentioned. > fatal error: opening dependency file libc/sys/ps2/.deps/crt0.Tpo: No such > file or directory > > However, if you add an extra file in the sys/ps2 directory, like a dummy.c > empty, and obviously, add the reference of this file into the > "Makefile.inc", then the library compiles properly generating the expected > ".a" and ".o" files. > > I suppose that the same issue that I'm speaking about most probably is > also being suffered with the tic80 system. > https://github.com/bminor/newlib/tree/master/newlib/libc/sys/tic80 > > Finally, I'm going to attach the compilation log. > > > Regards, > Francisco. > > El lun, 19 jun 2023 a las 22:42, Jeff Johnston () > escribió: > >> Hi Francisco, >> >> If you would like help, I would suggest you tell others where they can >> get a proper toolset to build with or at least >> attach your build log which may provide more info. I certainly don't >> have a Playstation 2 toolset hanging around. >> >> In addition, looking at your patches, you are missing copyright/licensing >> info for the new files you are adding >> (as opposed to existing files you are modifying). If you are taking code >> from another location, you cannot change >> their license/copyright. If you wrote these from scratch you should >> indicate this but you still need to add the licensing/copyright >> info. >> >> Regards, >> >> -- Jeff J. >> >> On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 2:31 PM Francisco Javier Trujillo Mata < >> fjtrujy@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>> Hi there! >>> I would like to mainstream the PS2 newlib port. So far the PS2 has had >>> newlib ports for years, however, it was never intended to be merged into >>> the mainstream. >>> >>> I'm now trying to port to the latest release 4.3.0, however, I'm >>> suffering >>> some errors during the compilation process. >>> >>> I have attached the changes that I have done so far. >>> Then I just rerun the command `autoreconf` using the proper autoconf and >>> automake versions >>> >>> I execute `configure` with: >>> >>> PROC_NR=$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) >>> >>> TARGET="mips64r5900el-ps2-elf" >>> TARGET_ALIAS="ee" >>> >>> ## Create and enter the toolchain/build directory >>> rm -rf "build-$TARGET" >>> mkdir "build-$TARGET" >>> cd "build-$TARGET" >>> >>> ## Configure the build. >>> CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET="-O2" ../configure \ >>> --prefix="$PS2DEV/$TARGET_ALIAS" \ >>> --target="$TARGET" \ >>> --enable-newlib-retargetable-locking \ >>> $TARG_XTRA_OPTS >>> >>> ## Compile and install. >>> make -j "$PROC_NR" all >>> >>> >>> And then it always fails with this error, >>> >>> fatal error: opening dependency file libc/sys/ps2/.deps/crt0.Tpo: No such >>> file or directory >>> >>> Could you help me to identify where the issue is? >>> >>> Cheers. >>> >>