I looked at this. I think it would ok to move as the method requires math.h and I would assume any users would have -lm specified. -- Jeff J. On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 4:52 AM Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Apr 20 16:20, Joel Sherrill wrote: > > Hi > > > > While double some checking that all references used by the long double > math > > routines Jennifer are resolved when linking, we have found a small > oddity. > > > > The file libc/reent/signgam.c is implemented as follows: > > > > int * > > __signgam (void) > > { > > return &_REENT_SIGNGAM(_REENT); > > } > > > > When TLS is enabled, the macro _REENT_SIGNGAM resolves to > > _tls_gamma_signgam which is in the file libm/math/w_lgamma.c. This > creates > > the first reference from libc to libm that I have ever seen and requires > > explicitly linking with -lm -lc when using lgamma(). > > > > Would anyone be opposed to moving this method to libm/math? > > Not me, but Jeff added this to libc for a reason, I guess...? > > > Corinna > >