Have you thought about adding a special case in sys/config.h which when it has the appropriate conditions (platform plus compiler flag) will define/redefine _LDBL_EQ_DBL? It gets included as part of _ansi.h and after newlib.h. -- Jeff J. On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 10:43 AM Joel Sherrill wrote: > Hi > > I wondered when we reorganized LDBL_EQ_DBL logic if there wouldn't be a > multilib edge case. Chris encountered it. > > Attached is a simple test program based on the autoconf probe in > configure.ac that can be preprocessed with different CPU/ABI flags. The > following shows that the default on m68k is not the same as for the 5282. > > $ m68k-rtems6-gcc -O2 -E ldbl.c | less > > $ m68k-rtems6-gcc -O2 -E -mcpu=5282 ldbl.c | less > > Turns out the default flags end up with LDBL_EQ_DBL isn't defined but it > should be for -mcpu=5282 builds. > > I don't know any mechanism to add header file variants in newlib by > multilib, so I we need to consider moving this to a dynamic check. > > Any thoughts on where to move this? >