public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@redhat.com>
To: Torbjorn SVENSSON <torbjorn.svensson@st.com>
Cc: Jerome Leroux <jerome.leroux@microej.com>,
	 "newlib@sourceware.org" <newlib@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: Malloc: unusable area at the end of the heap section
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 12:03:47 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi Torbjorn,

I think it would be useful.  Do you want to modify the patch to be more
generic?  I am thinking of a var set in configure.host that sets a compile
flag at the end such as _USE_SYSCONF_FOR_PAGESIZE.  Then,
the default sysconf.c can be put in the newlib/libc/unix directory.  It is
then a straight-forward exercise to add this as an enablement configuration
option.  What do you think?

-- Jeff J.