On 31 Oct 2022 16:10, Torbjorn SVENSSON wrote: > On 2022-10-30 08:12, Mike Frysinger wrote: > > On 29 Oct 2022 17:38, Torbjorn SVENSSON wrote: > >> Okay, so in that case, something changed in the newlib build process to > >> generate and install the porting.info file > > > > porting.info is part of libgloss, not newlib. i understand the source tarball > > is packaged overall as "newlib" so it can be a little confusing. > > > > older versions build & install porting.info if you use the install-info target. > > but it wouldn't do it by default. > > Might be so, but not for the default make target (the one I used). What > make target should I use to build everything, just like the build system > did before your improvement, but avoid the .info files? the GNU project provides no such target/config. you can prob cheat by setting MAKEINFO to a stub program. or just build the info pages. i don't see why building them is a problem in the first place. -mike