On 08 Nov 2021 19:15, Keith Packard wrote: > Mike Frysinger writes: > > Since newlib isn't prepared to build itself with _FORTIFY_SOURCE, and > > it's not clear if it's even useful, disable it when building the code. > > It is useful; I've caught a few library bugs when I turned this on for > picolibc. Fixing newlib to handle -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE could probably start > with the patches I did in picolibc, which mostly just #undef the various > mem and str functions before defining them. i'm not against making it work, but it doesn't now, so we should disable the logic if/until it's made to actually work. -mike