On 09 Mar 2022 09:07, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Mar 1 20:39, Mike Frysinger wrote: > > Convert all the libc/ subdir makes into the top-level Makefile. This > > allows us to build all of libc from the top Makefile without using any > > recursive make calls. This is faster and avoids the funky lib.a logic > > where we unpack subdir archives to repack into a single libc.a. The > > machine override logic is maintained though by way of Makefile include > > ordering, and source file accumulation in libc_a_SOURCES. > > > > There's a few dummy.c files that are no longer necessary since we aren't > > doing the lib.a accumulating, so punt them. > > The patch doesn't apply cleanly on current master. Can you please have > a look? it needs my other patch series: https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2022/019388.html i missed that you had replied to that, so i'll follow up to that. -mike