On 19 Jan 2024 13:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > if you saw my today's pushes, you're aware that I only found a bug > because I used -Wall. I fixed the bug and a few less crucial warnings. > > I did NOT fix the warnings in code we took verbatim from some BSDs, > which often contain unused variables, or in some cases expressions which > are deemed to profit from extra paranthesis, e. g. > > if (a >= 0 ^ b == 0) > > For that reason, I'd like to suggest to add -Wall by default to the > build flags for newlib, just as it is already for ages in the Cygwin > tree. > > Anybody having a strong opinion, pro or contra? enabling -Wall by default sounds fine. if you wanted to include any -Werror, that would require more effort/tooling like putting it all behind a new flag like --enable-werror. -mike