Hi Andi, I've reported the exact same issue a few weeks ago. The maintainers are already working on it and a patch has been posted to the mailing list. A few changes have been requested and it still needs testing. I'll attach the patch and previous discussion. Greetings jdoubleu On 3/15/2022 3:23 PM, Andreas Merkle wrote: > Posix timezone strings are in the format ABRVnn[ABRV[nn]][,...], e.g. > GMT0BST,... is London TZ descriptor with two abbreviations GMT and BST. > ABRV means abbreviation. Such abbreviations are not defined for every > timezone around the world. > According to https://data.iana.org/time-zones/theory.html if there is no > common English abbreviations, use offsets like -05 and +0530 that are > generated by zic's %z notation. > These numeric offsets are enclosed between <...>. For example, > abbreviation for Sao Paulo TZ is <-03>3 (instead of e.g. valid SAOPAUL03). > > A pull request for the newlib-xtensa version by earlephilhower fixes > this: https://github.com/earlephilhower/newlib-xtensa/pull/14 > I would like to provide the corresponding patch here if its ok? > > Andi >