Can't blame anyone but me for j-newlib. It is attached. On 5/16/2017 10:53 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote: > On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:56 AM, aditya upadhyay wrote: >> Hello Developers, >> >> I am Aditya Upadhyay got selected in Google Summer of Code(2017) for RTEMS >> organization. My Proposal has been accepted for POSIX Compliance, Where I >> have to work on newlib and some libraries that is not in RTEMS, have to >> implement. >> >> I am having a j-newlib script pointed by Joel Sherrill, I have used this >> script using following command : >> aditya@aditya-Lenovo-ideapad-110-15ACL:~/development/newlib$ ./j-newlib >> These are the targets in j-newlib : >> # primary targets >> TARGETS="${TARGETS} sparc-rtems4.12" >> TARGETS="${TARGETS} arm-rtems4.12" >> TARGETS="${TARGETS} powerpc-rtems4.12" >> TARGETS="${TARGETS} mips-rtems4.12" >> TARGETS="${TARGETS} i386-rtems4.12" >> TARGETS="${TARGETS} m68k-rtems4.12" >> >> There are some secondary and optimistic targets. >> >> and generated directory like b-sparc64-rtems4.12-newlib, >> b-sparc-rtems4.12-newlib, b-arm-rtems4.12-newlib etc..but there is not a >> single .exe file after i fired make command. >> >> I do not know whether i am going in right working direction or not ? >> Please correct me. Any direction or suggestion will be greatly appreciable. >> > Without knowing what this j-newlib script does, it is hard to help you > interpret the output. Perhaps Joel can help you. For RTEMS, you should > compile newlib as part of building gcc. This means if you have > modified newlib you should re-compile gcc with it, and then you would > re-compile RTEMS and run its testsuite in order to test your changes. I developed j-newlib to speed up the cycle when modifying newlib. I don't build every target with it. That's the job of the RTEMS Source Builder. I use it to build a **SINGLE** target and test a change to newlib. Once I get the patch tested and into shape, I submit it upstream and add it to the RSB. NOTE: j-newlib may be using --disable-multilib which is wrong in general but OK for testing on sparc-rtems with erc32. But since most of newlib is in C, that's enough testing to have confidence in most cases that it is time to move on to integrating the patch into the RSB and upstream newlib. > To compile a modified newlib into the gcc toolchain, you should > consider creating a patch of your change to newlib (e.g. from > git-format-patch) and add the patch to your local rtems-source-builder > in order to apply a custom patch during the compiler re-build. See > https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/rsb.html#patches for some > documentation on how you do this, which includes an example > specifically related to patching newlib. That's the full path that must be done. j-newlib just makes it quicker to iterate on debugging newlib. > Gedare > >> Thanks & Best Regards, >> Aditya Upadhyay -- Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35806 Support Available (256) 722-9985