From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@elastic.org>
Cc: overseers@sourceware.org, "Arsen Arsenović" <arsen@aarsen.me>
Subject: Re: Please update Texinfo on gcc.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 00:02:33 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

On Tue, 21 Mar 2023, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>> I'd like to request that the server building GCC texinfo-based
>> documentation (which is, AFAIK, gcc.gnu.org) be updated to Texinfo
>> master, currently at commit f12de7a5b383bed0ea29ee34c427679e0f8b9658.
>> [...]
>> Please let me know if there's anything extra that I should do.
> Have you considered getting the shared gccadmin account to build &
> install its private copy of texinfo under its home directory?

I'm not sure how broadly we want to provide access to the gccadmin
account, software supply chain and such? (In general, not particular
to Arsen at all!)

I'll try to have a look at installing an updated version of Texinfo
and how to use it for our daily doc builds this coming weekend...

(Not a big fan of using "random" Git versions in production, though;
any chance for a regular release coming soon?)

Gerald