* Re: public-inbox for cygwin lists
@ 2022-11-20  8:54 Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-11-20  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sourceware Overseers

On 2022-09-13 15:02, Jon Turney wrote:
> There are currently some known issues:
> - Message-IDs can contain slashes ('/') which are sometimes
>     encoded as %2F. If you got an URL with "%2F" in the path change
>     it to an actual '/' character to workaround it
>     (which doesn't work if the Message-ID ends with a /).
>     We are looking to see if we can get the slash handling more
>     consistent.
> - HTML emails aren't accepted. Even if the list would strip the
>     text/html part. Please don't sent HTML email. We are looking
>     at stripping the HTML part and only importing the text/plain
>     part into public-inbox.

Some messages are still missing from public-inbox cygwin lists, including some
from Corinna V which contain "/" encoded as %2F:

https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2022-October/042354.html
https://inbox.sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/Y1vnXGga31aSU%2FXv@calimero.vinschen.de/

https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2022-November/042371.html
https://inbox.sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/Y2UJ%2FjQebc%2Fhijh9@calimero.vinschen.de/

in thread starting from:

https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2022-October/042348.html
https://inbox.sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/bcace25e-36c9-ea62-c464-bcc59c9a6765@towo.net/t/#u

and I just could not find this:

	https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2022-November/252503.html

 From dalestan@gmail.com  Fri Nov 18 21:15:04 2022
From: dalestan@gmail.com (Dale McCoy)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 16:15:04 -0500
Subject: Adding an embedded signature on setup-x86_64.exe

where I notice the id contains "+" encoded as %2B in the pipermail reply mailto.

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis			Calgary, Alberta, Canada

La perfection est atteinte			Perfection is achieved
non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter	not when there is no more to add
mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer	but when there is no more to cut
			-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-11-20  8:54 UTC | newest]