* Re: [Jason Molenda <jason-swarelist@molenda.com>] Re: May I copy the repositories for cvs2svn testing?
       [not found] ` <87r7uqou97.fsf@floss.red-bean.com>
@ 2004-08-07 16:02   ` Brian W. Fitzpatrick
From: Brian W. Fitzpatrick @ 2004-08-07 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kfogel; +Cc: Jim Blandy, jason-swarelist, overseers

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 21:22, Karl Fogel wrote:

> Jim Blandy <jimb@redhat.com> writes:
> > From: Jason Molenda <jason-swarelist@molenda.com>
> > Subject: Re: May I copy the repositories for cvs2svn testing?
> > To: Jim Blandy <jimb@redhat.com>
> > Cc: overseers@sources.redhat.com
> > Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:59:29 -0700
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 12:53:18AM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:
> > >
> > > Would anyone mind if I gave a copy of /cvs/gcc and/or /cvs/src to the
> > > people writing the CVS->Subversion repository conversion program, to
> > > use as test data?  If it's okay, when would be the best time to do it?
> >
> > Not only is it OK, it's something they can do on their own.  The
> > anonymous rsync service is where they wanna be.
> > 	http://sources.redhat.com/sourceware/rsync.html

Well, I've finally gotten around to converting the gcc repository (the
repository whose top-level directory contains the file named
"MAINTAINERS").  In case you're interested, here's the stats:

I converted using the following command line:

    $ cvs2svn.py -v --skip-cleanup --dump-only         \
        --force-tag=pchmerge-branchpoint               \
        --force-branch=egcs_ss_19980502                \
        --force-branch=gcc-3_2-rhl8-branchpoint        \
        --force-branch=x86-64-branch                   \
        gcc-cvs/gcc > outfile

I loaded it with the following command line:

    $ time svnadmin load foo-repos/ < cvs2svn-dump

And without further ado, the statistics:

The entire conversion was done on a Linux system with a 2.4ghz P4 with
1GB of RAM and a really really slow 80GB disk.

Repository Information
======================

         ----------------------
       First Revision Date: 1997-08-11
        Last Revision Date: 2004-07-14

       Total CVS Revisions: 593,004
         Total SVN Commits:  67,842
         Total Unique Tags:     980
     Total Unique Branches:     796
      Total Unique Symbols:   1,772
         Size in Megabytes:   2,288

Conversion Timings
==================

        pass 1:  1,031 seconds
        pass 2:    137 seconds
        pass 3:     43 seconds
        pass 4:  2,602 seconds
        pass 5:  7,439 seconds
        pass 6:    384 seconds
        pass 7:    200 seconds
        pass 8: 46,163 seconds
         ---------------------
         total: 58,003 seconds (16.1 hours)

Size of resulting Subversion dumpfile (in bytes):

        46,249,183,208 gcc-dumpfile

Time to import the dumpfile into an empty Subversion repository:

        76.2 hours

        real    4576m24.833s
        user    1706m8.440s
        sys     94m28.270s

Size of resulting Subversion repository:

         (all sizes in bytes):

          280,473,600 changes
          132,104,192 copies
          322,592,768 nodes
          154,796,032 representations
            1,523,712 revisions
        7,186,657,280 strings
           55,832,576 transactions

        7,954,088,000 (Total)

-Fitz

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-06 16:30 UTC | newest]