* Update on GCC moving to svn
@ 2005-10-09  0:47 Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2005-10-09  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Development, jbailey, Angela Marie Thomas, overseers

Okay, well, i've got the svn mailer config setup okay, and tested to
make sure it posts the right messages to the right mailing lists for the
right dirs

ViewCVS is now up on an old test repo at http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs and
working okay.

Thus, i'm going to put an updated repo on gcc.gnu.org on Monday (i was
converting it, but it looks like they shutdown the machines at watson)
and do a few test branch merges to make sur eall the commit mails come
out okay for very large cases.

So, i'd like to set a tenative move-to-svn date of 10-22-2005

This is two weeks from today.

Jeff, since you said you take care of the Savannah side of things,
please let me know if this is enough time.  For performance reasons I
would suggest you run either a 1.3.0 development version of SVN, or i
have a special version of 1.2.3 running on gcc.gnu.org with the
performance patch backported.  (The patch is quite small, but very
important for diffs of old versions).

Angela, you said you had a good solution to the restricted shell problem
(IE the need to allow both cvs server and svnserve to run).
I imagine we need to set up restricted shell that allows both commands
to run, and convert the existing users authorized_keys file to use it.

I have installed rssh (http://www.pizzashack.org/rssh/downloads.shtml)

, and modified the sources to allow svnserve to run (it already had code
to do cvs). I've submitted the patch upstream.

RPMS in /root/rpms/rpms/i386/rssh-*, modified sources
in /root/rssh/rssh-2.2.3

Theoretically, this should be as simple as setting the user shell to
rssh, methinks, but we need a guinea pig :)

--Dan

* Re: Update on GCC moving to svn
@ 2005-10-09  5:29 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2005-10-09  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Development, overseers, Angela Marie Thomas, Daniel Berlin, jbailey

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 08:47:19PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>Angela, you said you had a good solution to the restricted shell problem
>(IE the need to allow both cvs server and svnserve to run).

?  I wrote a script which seems to work for providing a restricted shell.
Does Angela have something similar?

cgf

* Re: Update on GCC moving to svn
@ 2005-10-09 12:19   ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2005-10-09 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers, Angela Marie Thomas, jbailey

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 01:29 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 08:47:19PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> >Angela, you said you had a good solution to the restricted shell problem
> >(IE the need to allow both cvs server and svnserve to run).
>
> ?  I wrote a script which seems to work for providing a restricted shell.
> Does Angela have something similar?

No, angela said someone had solved the problem.
Maybe it was you :)

* Re: Update on GCC moving to svn
@ 2005-10-10 16:14     ` Jeff Bailey
From: Jeff Bailey @ 2005-10-10 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: Christopher Faylor, overseers, Angela Marie Thomas

Le dimanche 09 octobre 2005 à 08:19 -0400, Daniel Berlin a écrit :
> On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 01:29 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 08:47:19PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> > >Angela, you said you had a good solution to the restricted shell problem
> > >(IE the need to allow both cvs server and svnserve to run).
> >
> > ?  I wrote a script which seems to work for providing a restricted shell.
> > Does Angela have something similar?
> >
> No, angela said someone had solved the problem.
> Maybe it was you :)

Oo, that would help for savannah, too.  May I have it?

Tks,
Jeff Bailey