* Machine Donation / GCC SC
@ 2005-08-07 13:25 Laurent GUERBY
From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2005-08-07 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Loic Dachary

Oops, forgot to put the overseers in CC.

The deadline for decision for hosting has been extended to Friday
12Aug2005, if we say yes, machines will be online at their target
location end of august / beginning of september.

I volunteer to help doing things (GCC or otherwise), but
my availability is at best 8pm-11pm french time and week-ends
since from work I won't do free software stuff.

Sincerely,

Laurent

From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2005-12-10  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Emmanuel Dreyfus, Tom Tromey

Hi,

After various episodes, the machines are now online.

On the 9 machines, one under netbsd is not networked yet (I have to
finish the setup on site) and one machine disk apparently died (will
check and buy a new one ASAP), that leaves seven machines running ubuntu
5.04.

The machines are probably unable to reboot on their own because
their BIOS battery is dead, and factory setting BIOS requires
someone to press a key (I'll try to replace them if this becomes an
issue).

I have no special experience administering a farm of machine for
developpers, my plan for now is to have local accounts (with
the same id accross machines for when we want NFS) for GCC developpers
that want access to one or more machines.

Any suggestion and/or help welcomed :).

wiki: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm

Laurent