From: Jim Kingdon <kingdon@redhat.com>
To: louisc@redhat.com
Cc: cgf@cygnus.com, overseers@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: ftp load
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 06:08:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> I am wondering what ideas you all might have for a single word or title
> might work in place of sourceware.cygnus.com....something that would be
> more telling.  thoughts?

To me the interesting words are "GCC" and "Cygwin" (with longer lists
of projects in less prominent places like the existing
http://www.redhat.com/apps/community/hosting.html or maybe new page(s)
which list projects we are involved in (whatever that means) such as
the Linux kernel, even if we don't host it).  I pick those two based
simply on statistics of what is most popular.

Trying to figure out what belongs on the home page and what belongs on
a sub-page is what keeps your job interesting, Louis :-).  Just think
of GCC and Cygwin in the same breath as RPM, GNOME and Linux (or
whatever else is prominently featured) and you'll figure something out
(whether it is the top-level page or a "download" page or a
"help write Linux" page or whatever form it takes).

P.S. On the subject of xconq (which is near and dear to our heart as
we know :-)), those of us who want to should bug Stan to make a new
release.  Compare http://sourceware.cygnus.com/xconq/screenshots.html
with http://sourceware.cygnus.com/xconq/x11.html and I think it is
pretty clear which one is more PR-worthy.

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Jim Kingdon <kingdon@redhat.com>
To: louisc@redhat.com
Cc: cgf@cygnus.com, overseers@sourceware.cygnus.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 06:49:00 -0000	[thread overview]