* What to do about zlib...
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Chris Faylor
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I'm getting ready to add a new directory underneath "winsup" on sourceware.
It will hold the cygwin installer.

My problem is that it also uses "zlib" for compression and I'm wondering
what to do with the zlib-1.1.3 directory that it uses.

It's no problem, of course, to also import this directory into winsup but
I was wondering if it would make sense to check it in at a higher level.

I notice that Cygnus's internal repository already has a zlib directory
(hopefully this is not a state secret).  I was wondering if we wanted to
do the same thing in sourceware.

On a slightly related topic, I was wondering if we had any plans to
completely merge the gdb/binutils + gcc repositories.  The recent problem
with libiberty shows that this is something that should be rectified
eventually.

cgf