* Re: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs
@ 2000-04-24 11:22 ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-04-24 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

The module 'libstdc++-v3' works now, thanks Mark!

I'm going to go ahead and keep the current repository as is, without
history. I appreciate all the feedback about this, however.

On to other bits:

1) libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com

Yes, I would like a separate list just for libstdc++-v3 check
ins. This is what we currently have, and it is low-volume enough to
actually subscribe to, so yes, I'd like to keep it. Here's how this
might be accomplished:

tom:
"You can do this by editing the gcc commit scripts."

jason:
"If you want a separate commit list, you should probably get Jeff to
create a gcc-libstdc++-cvs@gcc.gnu.org and move over the subscriber
list from the current libstdc++-cvs list."

Hmm. Jeff, is there anyway you can take care of this?

2) libstdc++ web page

Yeah. I'd like to keep separate libstdc++ web pages and mailing lists
for now. I'm trying to make the transition as easy as possible, and if
we want to change this in the future, we can deal with it then.

This is the documentation link in question:

src.egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs/index.html
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++

jason says:
"You'll need to slightly modify the auto_checkout script in
libstdc++'s CVSROOT to handle its new location, copy it into GCC's
CVSROOT under a different name (e.g. libstdc++-auto-checkout) and add
a line to commitinfo for your new subdir to catch it right.  You can
copy everything from the libstdc++ CVSROOT with minor tweaking for the
new location."

I just modified the old libstdc++/CVSROOT?auto-checkout and checked it in to:

src.egcs/libstdc++-v3/CVSROOT/libstdc++-v3-auto-checkout

I looked at

src.egcs/CVSROOT/commitinfo

and can't figure out how to make the rest of it happen. Here are the
contents of that file: what needs to change?

DEFAULT         /usr/sourceware/bin/commit_prep -T gcc -r

thanks,
benjamin

* bkoz's Fitzcarraldo (was: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs)
@ 2000-04-25 15:13   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-04-25 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 11:21:56AM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> 2) libstdc++ web page
>
> Yeah. I'd like to keep separate libstdc++ web pages and mailing lists
> for now. I'm trying to make the transition as easy as possible, and if
> we want to change this in the future, we can deal with it then.

You will probably want to migrate it all over to gcc.gnu.org for
consistency.  You could leave things @sourceware.cygnus.com for
the short term, but after a while it'll just be weird.

> jason says:
> "You'll need to slightly modify the auto_checkout script in
> libstdc++'s CVSROOT to handle its new location, copy it into GCC's
> CVSROOT under a different name (e.g. libstdc++-auto-checkout) and add
> a line to commitinfo for your new subdir to catch it right.  You can
> copy everything from the libstdc++ CVSROOT with minor tweaking for the
> new location."
>
> I just modified the old libstdc++/CVSROOT?auto-checkout and checked it in to:
>
> src.egcs/libstdc++-v3/CVSROOT/libstdc++-v3-auto-checkout

You need to put it in src.egcs/CVSROOT.

You'll need to add an entry for it to the 'readers' file in that directory.

> I looked at
>
> src.egcs/CVSROOT/commitinfo
>
> and can't figure out how to make the rest of it happen. Here are the
> contents of that file: what needs to change?

I'm sorry, I misspoke.  You need to modify the loginfo file in that
directory.  You'll add something like

^egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs  $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/libstdc++-v3-auto-checkout ....

(look at the loginfo entry in your old libstdc++ repository for command line ops).

An additional step I didn't think of earlier:  You'll need to blow
away the checked-out copy of your docs/ dir that is in the sourceware
web site dir and check out a new copy with the new GCC repository
location.  Like this:

 % cd /www/sourceware/htdocs
 % mv libstdc++ libstdc++-bye
 % mkdir libstdc++ ; cd libstdc++

 % cvs -d /cvs/gcc co egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs
 % rm -rf CVS ; mv egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs/* . ; rm -rf egcs
 % cd ..

 % chgrp -R gcc libstdc++
 % find libstdc++ -type d -exec chmod 2775 {} \;

It looks involved, but it's really not a big deal.

Jason

* Re: bkoz's Fitzcarraldo (was: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs)
@ 2000-04-25 17:10     ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-04-25 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

> You will probably want to migrate it all over to gcc.gnu.org for
> consistency.  You could leave things @sourceware.cygnus.com for
> the short term, but after a while it'll just be weird.

hmm. so you're saying libstdc++@sourceware.cygnus.com needs to move to
libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org

?

I'll deal with this later.

> You need to put it in src.egcs/CVSROOT.
>
> You'll need to add an entry for it to the 'readers' file in that directory.

haha. Now I know you are fucking with me. . . . there is no 'readers' file.

<bkoz@haight>
/mnt/hd/bliss/src.egcs/CVSROOT
%ls
./                checkoutlist  editinfo                     modules
verifymsg
../               commitinfo    htdocs-checkout*             notify
CVS/              config        libstdc++-v3-auto-checkout*  rcsinfo
cgibin-checkout*  cvswrappers   loginfo                      taginfo

??

> I'm sorry, I misspoke.  You need to modify the loginfo file in that
> directory.  You'll add something like
>
> ^egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs  $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/libstdc++-v3-auto-checkout ....
>
> (look at the loginfo entry in your old libstdc++ repository for command line ops).

I added this and checked it in:

^egcs/libstdc++-v3/docs ($CVSROOT/CVSROOT/libstdc++-v3-auto_checkout
/www/sourceware/htdocs/libstdc++ %{sv} >> $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/updatelog 2>&1
&)

> An additional step I didn't think of earlier:  You'll need to blow
> away the checked-out copy of your docs/ dir that is in the sourceware
> web site dir and check out a new copy with the new GCC repository
> location.  Like this:
>
>  % cd /www/sourceware/htdocs
>  % mv libstdc++ libstdc++-bye

[bkoz@sourceware htdocs]$ mv  libstdc++ libstdc++-bye
mv: cannot create directory `libstdc++-bye': Permission denied

?? Somebody with permissions please do this.

benjamin

* Re: bkoz's Fitzcarraldo (was: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs)
@ 2000-04-25 17:51       ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-04-25 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: overseers

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 05:10:13PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> > You'll need to add an entry for it to the 'readers' file in that directory.
>
> haha. Now I know you are fucking with me. . . . there is no 'readers' file.
>
> <bkoz@haight>
> /mnt/hd/bliss/src.egcs/CVSROOT
> %ls
> ./                checkoutlist  editinfo                     modules
> verifymsg
> ../               commitinfo    htdocs-checkout*             notify
> CVS/              config        libstdc++-v3-auto-checkout*  rcsinfo
> cgibin-checkout*  cvswrappers   loginfo                      taginfo

I am so whacked.  You need to edit 'checkoutlist'.  I don't know why
I said 'readers'.

> >  % cd /www/sourceware/htdocs
> >  % mv libstdc++ libstdc++-bye
>

> [bkoz@sourceware htdocs]$ mv  libstdc++ libstdc++-bye
> mv: cannot create directory `libstdc++-bye': Permission denied
>
> ?? Somebody with permissions please do this.

Done - the libstdc++ pages are now not available on the web until the
new ones are checked out & stuff.

* Re: bkoz's Fitzcarraldo (was: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs)
@ 2000-04-25 18:30         ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-04-25 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

> I am so whacked.  You need to edit 'checkoutlist'.  I don't know why
> I said 'readers'.

cool. Done like so

cgibin-checkout	Won't update cgi-bin directory of GCC web pages
htdocs-checkout	Won't update htdocs directory of GCC web pages
libstdc++-v3-auto-checkout Won't update libstdc++ directory of GCC web pages

The web page bits of this are done: now the only thing that
needs to be done is the libstdc++-cvs@sourceware.cygnus.com mailing list.
Jeff?

-benjamin

* Re: bkoz's Fitzcarraldo (was: libstdc++-v3 module moved into egcs)
@ 2000-12-30  6:08       ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)