* [kshiring@nc.rr.com: [postmaster@sourceware] Fwd: failure notice]
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Chris Faylor
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Does anyone have any ideas why this person is blocked?  He doesn't seem
to be in the ORBS database.

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Ken Shiring <kshiring@nc.rr.com> -----

From: Ken Shiring <kshiring@nc.rr.com>
To: postmaster@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: [postmaster@sourceware] Fwd: failure notice
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:46:38 -0400

Your mailer daemon claims that my mail relay is on ORBS.  This is
verifiably false, and I am not listed in any of the other open relay lists
either.  Can you please investigate this delivery failure so I can post to
the 'gcc' list?

Thanks.

>Date: 26 Jun 2000 03:22:42 -0000
>From: MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.cygnus.com
>To: kshiring@nc.rr.com
>Subject: failure notice
>
>Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.cygnus.com.
>I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
>
><gcc@gcc.gnu.org>:
>
>  In an effort to cut down on our spam intake we block email from
>  certain lists and unfortunately you have just discovered the hard
>  way that sometimes non-spam mail gets caught accidentally.
>  In most cases you can clear this up by an upgrade to your mail
>  server or sometimes by getting an erroneous listing removed.
>  For more information about our use of these lists, see
>        http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html
>
>  The IP number that I'm denying mail from is 24.93.67.48
>  The list that you're on is ORBS.  See:
>      http://www.orbs.org/verify.cgi?address=24.93.67.48
>  for more information about this list and why you are on it.
>

>--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.5.1877.357.35);

----- End forwarded message -----

--
cgf@cygnus.com                        Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company