From: Jason Molenda <jason@molenda.com>
To: overseers@sources.redhat.com
Cc: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com>
Subject: Re: Exposing hidden projects to ht://Dig indexing
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 06:08:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 09:23:51PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 08:58:44PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> >Since even this semi-private "overseers" list was indexed (perhaps by
> >accident), I will not take special precautions to "hide" any projects.
>
> I would like to vote that overseers should definitely not be archived in
> a public place.

Do you mean that it should not be archived, access to its archives
should be restricted (e.g. requiring passwords to get at the
archives), or that we should not advertise links to the archive
publically?

I personally prefer the latter.  I don't really care about people
on the net reading these notes--all content here is either technical
(which I doubt anyone would argue should be hidden) or policy (which
I guess some could argue should be hidden to avoid repeated debates)
related.

I do want to keep this list free of random e-mails from folks on
the net.  If a user/developer on a sourceware project is having a
problem, that problem should come to the overseers list via that
project's maintainer.  The maintainer will (with luck) be clueful
enough to filter out the non-problems and FAQs, and only report
new, novel problems.

Jason

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Jason Molenda <jason@molenda.com>
To: overseers@sources.redhat.com
Cc: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:46:00 -0000	[thread overview]